Saturday, February 16, 2013

My summer projects!

Proverbs 16:3
Commit your works to the Lord,
And your thoughts will be established.


I always ask the Lord to help me when I start painting a piece of furniture.  After all, he is the "Master Artist".  He will give me a visual of what I my finished product is going to look like. 



I had every intention of starting my blog over a year ago. Painting a piece of furniture and then blogging about it.  Well as it turned out,  I painted a lot of furniture, took pictures, but never blogged about it.  So, I decided to do one post with lots of pictures of things I painted this summer.



We bought this old chest.  It had a mirror but the frame for it was broken.  I took the mirror off, painted it and sold it separately.  We painted this turquoise and black.  One of my favorite combinations I think. 


My cat loves to help me when I paint and usually will get in drawers or inside dressers and sleep.


 
 
I painted this door turquoise when I painted the chest of drawers.  I like to paint a bunch of things the same color and while one piece is drying, I work on the next. 




This maple hutch was actually given to me at a yard sale.  I was so excited.   I painted it white and then the doors a dark gray.  I think one of the reasons they were giving it away is that the hardware was missing.  I had these drawer pulls in a box with random hardware that I collect from estate sales and yard sales.  One of the doors was off too, but it went right back on. 


Ice cream parlor chairs.  I covered the seats in a bleached drop cloth from Lowes and then used my favorite bird stencil on the seats.


This was my first attempt at painting something "Florentine".  I really like it and have an idea to do one hot pink and gold.  I just need to find the right style of furniture first.



 
This was a maple cart.  The ends flip up. 
 


 
 
Graphic fairy Paris transfer. I painted an antique ball and claw piano stool.  I had to do some minor repairs to the legs but it turned out nice.  It is hard to see in the picture.  Here is the link for graphics:
 
 



 
I bought this oops paint at Lowes.  It is the perfect shade of vintage green.
 
 
 
Old shutters with a silver vine and silver bird stencil.
 
 

 
Rusty old trunk painted turquoise and brown.
 
 
 
This sign was made from the top of a table that was broken.
 
 
Chicken wire stapled to an old screen door.

Chicken wire in an old chair to make a perfect place to put a plant!
 

 
Blue shabby table with French Market stenciled on it.


 
 
 
 


Butcher block kitchen island painted and sanded.




 
 
Marble top table we bought at auction for $12.50!
 


Paris Market sign made out of an old cabinet door.


 


Random pictures of my booth.
 
Old refrigerator that was yellow,and I painted it black at white.
 
 
Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his way,But the Lord directs his steps.
 
 
I have "plans" to try to post everything that I paint as soon as it is finished and not wait so long.  I can't wait to show you what I painted today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment