I was hoping to get to work on some furniture today and take some things to my booth but that did not happen. I had a lot of cleaning to do and the rest of my day was spent typing. Oh yeah, there was a nap too. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and I wont have to type, so I should have some time to finish a project I am working on.
Just a quick post to show you the graphic that I use the most. The French wreath Paris graphic. This was the first time I had transferred to burlap that it actually worked. The first time, the gaps in the burlap fabric were pretty big and it did not transfer.
I had read somewhere that if you spray burlap with hair spray first, it will made the graphic transfer easier. I am not sure if that is the reason it transferred or if it was just a tighter weave of burlap.
I have had this frame for two years. It was already white so I just sanded it a little. Then, I got busy stapling the burlap to the back of the frame. I must have put thirty staples in it. I could not believe my eyes when I turned it over to admire my work. Every single staple was sticking out of the front of the frame!!! I do not even know where my staple remover is and I was not about to spend thirty minutes prying them out with a flat head screwdriver. So, on my wall it hangs and will probably stay until I find my staple remover. Then, maybe I can bribe one of my children to sit there an pull them all out. In the meantime, I get to look at it every time I go in my bathroom.
I will post the shelf I am working on tomorrow.