Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Paris burlap transfer

I was hoping to get to work on some furniture today and take some things to my booth but that did not happen.  I had a lot of cleaning to do and the rest of my day was spent typing.  Oh yeah, there was a nap too.  It is supposed to rain tomorrow and I wont have to type, so I should have some time to finish a project I am working on.

Just a quick post to show you the graphic that I use the most.  The French wreath Paris graphic.  This was the first time I had transferred to burlap that it actually worked.  The first time, the gaps in the burlap fabric were pretty big and it did not transfer.

I had read somewhere that if you spray burlap with hair spray first, it will made the graphic transfer easier.  I am not sure if that is the reason it transferred or if it was just a tighter weave of burlap.


I have had this frame for two years.  It was already white so I just sanded it a little.  Then, I got busy stapling the burlap to the back of the frame.  I must have put thirty staples in it.  I could not believe my eyes when I turned it over to admire my work.  Every single staple was sticking out of the front of the frame!!!  I do not even know where my staple remover is and I was not about to spend thirty minutes prying them out with a flat head screwdriver.  So, on my wall it hangs and will probably stay until I find my staple remover.  Then, maybe I can bribe one of my children to sit there an pull them all out.   In the meantime, I get to look at it every time I go in my bathroom.

I will post the shelf I am working on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment