Tuesday, February 5, 2013


1 John 4:7-8

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.  He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.  


As I was at church Wednesday night, my thoughts drifted to an upcoming wedding shower I was going to on Saturday.  I still needed to buy a gift.  Lots of different ideas filled my head, and then I felt like God told me to make the Song of Solomon sign I saw on Pinterest.  What better gift than a daily reminder of God and his love for you and your love for your husband.  They are so intertwined.   When you pour out your love on God, he will pour out a love in you for your husband and for others.







I had taken pictures as I was making this for a tutorial and then I dropped my new phone and cracked the glass on it.  The pictures did not transfer to my new phone.  First I sanded the frame and stained it.  I painted directly on the glass with a black paint pen and stencils.  The word "Loves" was painted with a thickened Martha Stewart paint.  Then for the custom name and wedding date, I printed this on a piece of paper and then put it under the glass and painted on top of the glass with the same paint I used for the word "Loves" so it was a little thicker. 

I cant wait to make another one!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This picture does no JUSTICE.. it is AMAZING. a piece that I will cherish forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete